Curried Great Northern Beans and Carrot Soup
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Ready In:
This curried soup is best the next day, when the flavors have had time to evolve to peak.
- 2 Teaspoons Fresh Ginger
- 1 1/2 Cup Carrots about 3 carrots
- 1/4 Cup Yellow Onion
- 1 Shallot
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1 Can (16 ounce) Organic Great Northern Beans
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Cups UltraBroth or organic vegetable broth
- 1/8 Teaspoon Curry Powder
- 1/8 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Peel and dice ginger. Peel and slice carrots into ¼-inch-thick slices. Dice onions, shallot, and garlic. Drain and rinse white beans.
- In a medium stock pot, heat oil over medium heat. Sauté carrots, shallots, onion, garlic, and ginger. Cook for 4–6 minutes or until vegetables start to soften.
- Add vegetable broth, beans, and all herbs and spices. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered for 15–20 minutes or until the beans are soft. Remove pot from heat.
- Using an immersion blender, puree the soup. Add lemon juice and continue pureeing until smooth. (Alternatively, you may puree in a food processor or blender.)