Curried Vegetables with Coconut Milk

Curried Vegetables with Coconut Milk

By Published:

• Yield: 4 Servings
  • Prep:
  • Cook:
  • Ready In:

These curried vegetables are delicious served hot or cold.

Ingredients

Instructions

1. Julienne the red onions. Dice poblano peppers and celery. Peel and slice carrots into ¼-inch slices. Mince garlic. Peel and mince ginger. Cut cauliflower into 1½ inch pieces.
  2. On medium heat, in a sauté pan, heat the olive oil. Add the peppers, onions, garlic, ginger, carrots, and celery. Sauté vegetables until tender, about 8–10 minutes. Add the cauliflower, vegetable broth, and all herbs and spices. Bring to a simmer (do not boil). Cover, cook an additional 10–15 minutes stirring as needed.
  3. Once the cauliflower is tender, stir in the coconut milk, lemon juice, and cilantro. Bring contents of pan back to a simmer for 3–5 minutes and allow liquid to thicken slightly.
  4. Remove from heat.

, , ,

8 Responses to Curried Vegetables with Coconut Milk

1. Carol Patton January 15, 2011 at 11:22 am #

Nutritional Information would be a splendid addition to the recipe. Thanks, cp

2. Steve January 15, 2011 at 11:56 am #

It would be extremely usefull to be able to print these recipes without all of the ad material. You know, a little print icon somewhere on the page.
    Thanks

S

• Patty Pappas April 23, 2012 at 6:25 pm #

Steve, I didn’t like the 5 pages for one recipe either. what I do is highlight just the recipe, go to edit and click copy, open my mail to a new message, click past and mail it to myself. then when I feel like it i will print out my email getting just the recipes. I do it kind of fast now..it’s easy

Calendula Petals

• Patty Pappas April 23, 2012 at 6:26 pm #

Hi again…I meant hit “paste” not past

sorry

calendula petals

3. Susanna Perkins January 15, 2011 at 6:28 pm #

Since the recipe uses coconut milk, why not use coconut oil to saute your vegetables instead of olive oil???

4. Debra January 15, 2011 at 7:20 pm #

i’m with you Susanna. Makes more sense.

5. Margaret Bradford January 31, 2011 at 2:15 pm #

What does Dr. Hyman think of coconut oil ? My husband and I are starting the Ultra Simple Diet in a week , and I’m wondering about coconut oil as opposed to olive oil ?
    Also , I have genetically high cholesterol and am taking plant sterol , pantethine,and fiber . If I have an abundance of yeast , should I take red rice yeast ?I can’t take niacin as I break out in hives and my body gets so hot it feels like it has 2nd degree burns . In other words , much beyond the normal “flushing”.
    Thank you so much .
    Margaret Bradford

6. Ina Mae O'Connor August 28, 2011 at 10:57 am #

As far as nutritional information, just check the colors white – garlic and cauliflower; green – cilantro, celery; orange – carrots; red or purple with the onion and I don’t know about the peppers. Four of your seven colors plus the well document benefit of curry.