Cod with Roasted Chili Peppers and Cayenne
By May 19, 2010Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 20-30 mins
- Ready In: 40 mins
You can roast the fillet as one whole piece or cut into 8-ounce pieces. Have your fish provider cut them for you if you want portioned pieces.
- 1 Medium Poblano Pepper
- 1/2 Jalapeno Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1/2 Shallot
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 1/2 Pounds Cod Fillets
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash and dry peppers. Rub with small amount of olive oil to help roasting. Roast peppers over an open flame on a grill or stovetop gas burner or even in the oven. Roast until peppers are soft and skin is blistering. Cover and let sit for 5 minutes. Peel away skin and remove seeds and steams.
- Combine the roasted peppers, remaining olive oil, garlic, shallots, cayenne pepper, and sea salt in food processor and puree until smooth.
- Rub a cookie sheet or spray with olive oil to prevent sticking (or cover the pan with parchment paper), place the cod on the sheet pan. Evenly spread the puree of roasted peppers over the cod fillet top and sides.
- Bake for approximately 20-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork: internal temperature of the cod fillet should be 155 degrees.