Three-Bean Vegetarian Chili

Three-Bean Vegetarian Chili

By Published:

• Yield: 4 Servings
  • Prep:
  • Cook:
  • Ready In:

This vegetarian chili, like most dishes that use a complex blend of spices, is best served the next day, after the flavors fully develop.

Ingredients

Instructions

1. Dice peppers, onions, and celery. Mince garlic. Drain and rinse beans.
  2. In a stock pot, heat oil over medium heat. Sauté onion, peppers, garlic, and celery for 5–7 minutes.
  3. Add vegetable broth, beans, and all herbs and spices. Cover. Simmer for approximately 1 hour or until beans are tender and liquid thickens slightly.
  4. Remove from heat and chill.

, , ,

8 Responses to Three-Bean Vegetarian Chili

1. connie demske November 10, 2010 at 11:33 am #

This is THE best chili recipe I’ve ever tasted! You won’t miss the meat a bit.

2. Mary December 30, 2010 at 8:39 pm #

I made this recipe using the cookbook. It calls for 1/4 cup of sea salt, not 1/4 tsp. Watch out!!

3. spaccio hogan November 18, 2011 at 12:25 am #

Extremely good article. I am a hypnotherapist and agree wholeheartedly with your article

4. Karen Panks May 8, 2012 at 11:50 am #

I recently bought the Ultra-Metabolism Cookbook and for one of my first recipes I tried the Three Bean Vegetarian Chili. There is a major error in editing of this recipe. The last item in the recipe ingredients is written as 1/4 cup kosher salt, I questioned this but just reduced it more than half way and needless to say this was a great error my first try in your book was a big failure. This book was copyright in 2007 and was purchased at Barnes & Noble.

• Profile photo of Mark Hyman, MD
      Mark Hyman, MD May 16, 2012 at 2:51 pm #

Thank you for that feedback karen. We apologize for error and are appreciative of your time.

5. Diana Starr Daniels June 14, 2012 at 10:04 am #

What should the amount of salt be?

• Profile photo of Mark Hyman, MD
      Mark Hyman, MD June 15, 2012 at 6:33 pm #

Hi Diana,
      It appears the recipe calls for 1/4 tsp salt. Enjoy!

6. バーバリー t シャツ November 1, 2012 at 7:54 am #

This web site is really a walk-through for all of the info you wanted about this and didn’t know who to ask.Glimpse here, and you’ll definitely discover it.