Tuscan White Bean Stew
By May 19, 2010Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 35 mins
- Ready In: 45 mins
This stew has a delicate flavor. For a deeper flavor, try roasting the garlic. Serve warm or chilled.
- 1 Can (15 ounces) Organic Great Northern Beans
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1/4 Cup Onion
- 1/2 Cup Carrots
- 1/3 Cup Celery
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Cups Ultrabroth or organic vegetable broth
- 1/8 Tablespoon Fresh Rosemary
- 1/4 Teaspoon Fresh Parsley
- 1/4 Teaspoon Fresh Thyme
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- Drain white beans, rinse, and dry.
- Mince garlic. Dice onions, carrots, and celery.
- In a stock pot, heat oil over low to medium heat. Sauté onions for 2–3 minutes. Add carrots, celery, and garlic. Sauté for an additional 4–5 minutes or until vegetables start to become soft.
- Add vegetable broth, beans, and all herbs and spices. Simmer covered for 20–30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and serve or chill for later.