Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
STRAINED: Cal: 5 Pro: 0 Fat:0 Carbohydrate: 0
BLENDED: Cal: 60 Pro: 0 Fat: 0 Carbohydrate: 14
By May 30, 2010Published:
- Yield: 2 Quarts or 8 Cups
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cook: 60 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 mins
The UltraBroth is a wonderful, filling snack that will also provide you with many healing nutrients and alkalinize your system, making it easier to detoxify, lose weight, and feel great. The recipe can be varied according to taste.
- 3 Quarts Water
- 1 Large onion chopped
- 2 Each Carrots sliced
- 1 cup Daikon or White Radish root and top (ideal, but optional)
- 1 Cup Winter Squash cut into large cubes
- 1 Cup Root Vegetables turnips, parsnips, and rutabagas for sweetness
- 2 Cups Chopped Greens kale, parsley, beet greens, collard greens, chard, dandelion, cilantro or other greens
- 2 Stalks Celery
- 1/2 Cup Sea Weed nori, dulse, wakame, kelp, or kombu
- 1/2 Cup Cabbage
- 4 1/2 inch slices Fresh Ginger
- 2 Cloves Whole Garlic not chopped or crushed
- Sea Salt to taste
- 1 Cup Shitake or Maitake Mushrooms fresh or dried (If available; these contain powerful immune boosting properties.)
- Add all the ingredients at once and place on a low boil for approximately 60 minutes. It may take a little longer. Simply continue to boil to taste.
- Cool, strain (throw out the cooked vegetables), and store in a large, tightly-sealed glass container in the fridge.
- Simply heat gently and drink up to 3–4 cups a day.