Asian Vegetable Salad
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Ready In:
The dressing is well balanced with salty, sweet, and sour tastes. This salad is a perfect accompaniment for Soy-Marinated Tofu or any grilled or roasted meat.
- 1/4 Pound Snow Peas (generous 1 cup) stem ends trimmed and strings removed
- 2 Cups Napa or Savoy Cabbage shreded
- 1/3 Cup Carrot julienne
- 1/3 Cup Red Bell Pepper julienne
- 1/3 Cup Cucumber julienne
- 3 Tablespoons Scallions minced (about 1 medium scallion)
- 3 Tablespoons Cilantro minced
- 1 Tablespoon Mint minced
- 3 Tablespoons Light Sesame Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Wheat-free Tamari low-sodium
- 1 Tablespoon Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Lime Juice
- 1/4 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the snow peas and cook for 30 seconds. Drain and immediately place in a bowl of ice water. Remove the snow peas from the ice water and pat dry.
- Mix together the snow peas, cabbage, carrot, red pepper, cucumber, scallion, cilantro, and mint.
- Whisk together the sesame oil, tamari, rice wine vinegar, lime juice, and pepper in a small bowl. Pour the dressing over the vegetables and mix thoroughly.